In accordance with Federal and State anti-discrimination laws and in accordance with the Florida Educational Equity Act, Section 1000.05(2)(a) St. Cloud Preparatory Academy will not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, disability, or marital status against a student in its school admission process.
PREFERENCES FOR ENROLLMENT:
- Currently enrolled students
- Siblings of currently enrolled students, (year 2)
- Students who are the children of a member of the governing board of the school
- Students who are the children of an employee of the school
- Students who are the children of an active duty member of any branch of the United States Armed Forces
- Students that reside in Osceola County.
- Students that reside outside of Osceola County.
If the number of applications exceeds the capacity (600) of the program, a lottery will determine admission, and a list will be maintained by grade level in the order of the lottery results. Parents/guardians will be notified of their child’s acceptance no later than 21 days past the acceptance period deadline and will have 3 days to accept or decline their spot in, in writing, of their decision to attend. You will then have 5 days from notification that the spot is accepted to come in and fill out the appropriate registration information. If an accepted applicant decides not to attend the school or does not complete the process in a timely manner, the slot will be given to the first person on the waiting list.
Additionally, in order to minimize any traffic impact caused by the school and ensure that the school is available to serve the residents of the county where the school is located, the Governing Board of the charter school may elect to limit the enrollment process to target students residing within a reasonable distance of the school as provided under 1002.33(10)(e)F.S.